Saturday, August 11, 2012

Trust the Process


I'm a huge fan of makeup. I own way more then my fair share, cases worth of the stuff actually.
I am particularly fond of the Kat Von D line at Sephora.
I've used the small tubes of the "Tattoo Concealer" 
I did like that product, and it worked well, but
I just did not like it at the price for such a small tube.
So when I saw that Sephora was releasing a Foundation in the Kat Von D line I was anxious to try it out.
I'd also run out of the generic powder makeup I'd been using and decided to try something new.
The Too Faced foundation powder seemed like a good choice, as the last time I tried to use Urban Decay i quickly realized that most  of their makeup is too orange for my naturally fair complexion.

 Let me just say I love the packaging on both of these products and the KVD "Lock-It Tattoo Foundation" is actually a fairly large size pump and the bottle has the trademark KVD tattoo designs. The Too Faced "Amazing Face" compact is also a fair size for the price and the hot pink letting on the mirror and top of the case adds a fun pop of color.



I used each of these products today and I absolutely love them. 
The KVD foundation is in "Light 42" which is a perfect match for my skin. 
The foundation provides full coverage and is long wearing. 
I find that it isn't cakey or streaky and  you only need to use a small amount to get excellent coverage.
This foundation has a smooth, lightweight, oil free(!!!) matte finish.
It's my new favorite liquid makeup. 
On to the powder.
The Too Faced powder is also in the lightest shade, called "Vanilla Cream."
It's a long lasting, lightweight powder that allows for buildable coverage
Personally, I use it as a sheer setting powder over my liquid foundation for a flawless finish.
I also opt for a brush instead of the sponge applicator the compact comes with.
 It is long wearing with a natural looking finish and has the bonus of SPF 15 sun protection.
I'm very happy with its performance, it's a great lightweight makeup for summer. 

::Kat Von D Lock It Tattoo Foundation-Sephora, $34::
           ::Too Faced Amazing Face Foundation Powder-Spehora, $32::

2 comments:

  1. I really wish the Kat Von D range was easier to obtain in the UK. It looks so good.

    http://razzledazzleandrocknroll.blogspot.co.uk/ I am trying to get my followers up at the moment so if you like what you see I will greatly appreciate your follow :). If you already follow I apologise.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The products are really amazing.
      is there no Sephora in the UK?

      Delete