Thursday, June 19, 2014

Decor and DIY: Repurpose Candle Jars


I am an obsessively organized person. I like everything to have its place, and for it to look neat and clean. I previously worked in the interior design industry and it's left it mark. I'm always looking for fun, inexpensive ways to organize space.
I have a ton of makeup and brushes and tools, and only so much can fit neatly into my vanity drawers. My latest trick for brush storage is to repurpose the glass candle jars that have burned out, especially since I'm paying for the glass anyway.
 Keep reading for a tutorial!



I start by putting the candle jar, like this one, straight into the freezer. I let it chill for about 20 minutes. 

When you take it out of the freezer, separate the wax from the glass with a knife, and the puck will pop right out.



After removing the wax, wash the glass out and you're ready to go!




Quick Tip: Save the wax to use with a tart burner! 

No comments:

Post a Comment